Some Of The Top Romantic Places To Visit In Ireland
Ireland is a magical place that is filled with charm, character, and vibrant energy, and it is also a place that is brimming with legend and folklore.
Known as the Emerald Isle, this is a wonderful place to visit for a romantic break and there are so many different parts of Ireland that are just perfect for those couples that want to kick back, relax, and enjoy the romance that is in the air in this wonderful destination.
When in Ireland you can take in the fairy tale surroundings or vibrant cities, explore the legends of the leprechaun, immerse yourself in the local culture, and enjoy a unique experience with a loved one in one of many romantic places you will find here. You can even take in the vibrant nightlife in some of the major cities, where you can head to a wide range of clubs and bars to enjoy delicious cocktails and great food.
Five Romantic Places To Consider
Ireland is filled with diverse and exciting areas, so whether you are looking for peace and natural beauty, a vibrant atmosphere, or a historical destination you will find the perfect setting without having to compromise on the romantic ambiance. Five of the great romantic places to visit in Ireland include:
- Dublin: If you want to combine romance with the vibrant charm and unique character of a wonderful city then Dublin is the place for you. Enjoy immersing yourself in the local culture, evenings out in typical Irish bars and nightclubs, Irish dancing and festivities, and a host of sights and attractions that will keep you busy and entertained.
- Inistioge: Situated in County Kilkenny this is an enchanting place that is nestled amidst beautiful scenery including breathtaking greenery and a streaming river. This is a great romantic getaway, where you can spend time away from the hustle and bustle and enjoy one another’s company whilst taking in the natural beauty and magical charm of the area.
- Achill Island: Situated just off the coast of County Mayo this is the largest Irish island and is connected to the mainland via a bridge. Here you can enjoy strolling along the beach and take in the sea air. It is a place of peace and quiet coupled with wonderful coastal scenery. It is also a place that is rich in history, so there is plenty to explore here as well as many a romantic stroll to be had.
- Yeats County: Once home to the romantic poet William Yeats, this is a place where you can really soak up the romantic atmosphere. The scenery here just oozes enchantment and romance, from babbling brooks and flowing rivers to rolling greenery and beautiful coastline.
- LoughSheelin: On the banks of Lough Sheelin you will find the Haunted Ross Castle, which is one of several haunted castles in Ireland. You can enjoy staying at this castle and learning more about the sad yet romantic story behind the haunting of the castle whilst enjoying the Irish hospitality of the locals.
No matter which of these places you head to, you can be sure of a wonderful, memorable, and fascinating experience.