Let us help you pack for your upcoming beach vacation.
Nick and I have been living and care taking in Hawai’i for almost a years now. We feel incredibly fortunate to live only 20 minutes from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Needless to say, we have learned a thing or two about what to bring to the beach to make it a relaxing outing.
Of course you don’t have to come all the way to Hawai’i for an amazing beach experience. Florida is a beach lovers paradise for travelers on a budget. Check out these awesome Florida Vacation Rentals for your next getaway.
Before you start packing for your vacation think about which type of activities you’d like to do. Do you just want to relax on the beach or do you get bored sitting around for more than a few minutes? Planning ahead will save you money, since packing the right things now will keep you from having to repurchase items once you arrive.
Let’s begin with the must-have’s when going to the beach:
- Sun screen SPF 30+
- Bathing suit
- Beach towel
- Sun glasses and/or sun hat
- Water bottle
- Aloe Vera/After sun lotion
To keep your beach vacation budget friendly you should consider packing a soft sided cooler bag. It doesn’t take up a lot of space in your suitcase, and believe me, you will save a ton of money by bringing your own cold beverages and snacks to the beach.
Beach Vacation Essentials:
If you’re vacationing at a beach resort you will most likely have beach chairs and umbrellas provided for you. All you have worry about then is how to keep yourself entertained.
- Paperback book – I know it sounds old-fashioned, but on the beach even the brightest screen is often hard to read. Plus, no matter how careful you are sand will get everywhere. Simply shake the sand out of your book at the end of the day.
- Waterproof case – Keep your smart phone water and sand proof with a dry bag pouch. (Don’t forget to pack your phone charger.)
- Underwater camera – Take amazing photos with a waterproof camera from Go-pro or Pentax. I love my underwater camera and use it all the time.
- Water shoes – Sandals and flip-flops are great at the beach, but if there are rocks in the sand then a pair of water shoes will really come in handy.
- Disposable wipes – Again, fine beach sand will get everywhere, especially between your fingers and toes.
- Insect repellent – Some beaches do have annoying flies, gnats or sand fleas. It never hurts to be prepared for the worst.
- Water toys – If you like to stay active a Frisbee or Nerf ball will be a lot of fun to play with on the beach or in the water.
- Snorkel gear – Why rent when you can buy a nice set of snorkel gear for under $30. It so much nicer not having to worry about who’s lips where on the mouthpiece last.
As for packing outfits, don’t overthink it! Try to pack clothes that are versatile and can be worn more than once or styled differently.
Bonus Travel Tip: Pack a beach towel and swim suit in your carry on bag. It can do double-duty as a pillow, blanket, or seat cushions on the plane. If you arrive before your hotel room is ready, you can also dive right into the pool or ocean.
What essentials do you bring on your trip to the beach? Leave me a comment below.