Seafood is not just delicious, but extremely healthy as well.
If you are a meat lover, then you would know that out of all the non-vegetarian delicacies, seafood has the least amount of fat. When it comes to other nutrients such as protein, vitamin K, Omega 3, 6 & 9 and others, seafood tops the list. But, every person is not able to develop a taste for seafood, which is understandable.
The taste of seafood and the kind of flavors it has got is different to that of chicken, pork, lamb or beef, so you will have to be open-minded when trying seafood. You can start with fish and if you like it, then you can move onto other underwater delicacies.
If you are interested in seafood and want to include it in your diet, then I have got two great fish recipes for you. These recipes are easy to prepare and also don’t take much time.
You can prepare these recipes as you come back home from work or during weekends. With a maximum of 15 minutes prep time, I don’t think there would be a better way to eat delicious and healthy food. So, here are those two recipes:
Battered Fish Fry
I love this recipe because of the texture, multiple flavors and ease of preparation. You will find the outside to be crispy and crunchy, whereas, on the inside, the fish will be moist and flaky. If you can arrange some chips or french fries along with this recipe, then you will have the perfect recipe on your dining table.
Ingredients required for battered fish fry:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Two tsp sugar
- Two tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- One egg
- One cup water
- Peanut oil
- 2 ½ pounds cod fillets, which you will have to cut into individual portions
- Take a large bowl and put all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, egg, and water. Mix all the ingredients properly.
- Take a red copper pan and heat one inch of peanut oil in it over medium flame. Make sure that oil becomes hot and not smoky.
- The batter that you made in the bowl earlier will now be used. Take cod fillets and dip it into the batter. Make sure that the cod fillets are fully coated with batter. Once it is done, fry cod fillets in the oil for 5 minutes approximately per side or until you see the golden coating. You can also check if the fish is properly fried with the help of a fork. The fish should flake easily.
- Place cod fillets on the plate covered with tissue paper so that excess oil can be removed. After that, you can serve it to your family or friends.
Isn’t that an easy recipe? Of course, it is, so you must definitely try making it. Let me also share one more recipe so that if you are organizing a dinner party, then you have two beautiful seafood recipes to impress your friends with. Here is the 2nd recipe:
This recipe is also simple and contains dozens of flavors. If you have guests coming at home in half an hour, and you want to prepare an urgent dish, then you can opt for Bistro Catfish.
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this recipe:
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped and packed in oil, drained with 2 tbsp oil reserved
- ¼ tsp salt
- One 10 oz package of spinach, properly washed
- Two cloves of garlic (minced)
- Two Catfish fillets, 6 oz. each
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Take a red copper pan and add 2 tbsp of reserved oil over medium flame. Let the oil heat followed by sauteing minced garlic for a couple of minutes or until garlic gets golden in color.
- Take the catfish now and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the fish and put it in the pan. Place the lid on the pan and let the fish cook for 8-10 minutes or until the fish gets easily flaked with a fork.
- It’s time to add sun-dried tomatoes and spinach into the pan. Cover the pan again and cook for a couple of minutes or until the spinach wilts.
- It’s time to plate up. Place spinach on the serving plate and put fish fillets on the top. Drizzle with pan drippings and serve it to your guests.
Author Bio: Monica Henin, the author of this blog post is a food expert. She has written on a plethora of topics related to food and healthy recipes.
Her website www.addonkitchen.com is a one-stop place for many readers who are looking for some useful information regarding healthy food items and their recipes.
What did you think of Monica’s simple fish recipes? Please share in the comments below.