Mom used to make Lasagna the hard way, this easy cheesy lasagna is so much better.
The way my mom made lasagna involved boiling noodles ahead of time and laying them out so they wouldn’t break. It was a very laborious and time consuming process. We found a recipe for Lasagna that is so easy and delicious that even Nick doesn’t mind making it.
You can use ground beef, or for a healthier version you can also use ground turkey, or no meat at all. The lasagna noodles don’t need to be pre-cooked and you simply add your favorite sauce out of a jar plus several different cheeses. Yum!
Preparing Easy Cheese Lasagna
Ingredients You Need:
Prep: 20 min. | Total: 1 hour 35 min.
1 lb. ground turkey or beef
2 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1 container (15 oz.) Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cups 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1/4 cups chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
6 uncooked Lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown turkey in large skillet over medium heat.
- Mix 1 1/4 cups of Mozzarella cheese, the Ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, parsley and egg until well blended; set aside.
- Drain meat if necessary and add spaghetti sauce. Pour water into empty sauce jar, cover and shake well. Add to skillet, stir until well blended.
- Spread appr. 1 cup of the meat sauce into the bottom of a 4 x 6 inch baking dish, top with layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. Noodles will expand to fit the dish during baking.
- Spread 1/3 of the Ricotta cheese mixture and more sauce over the noodles. Repeat layers two more times. Top with remaining noodles. and meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with greased foil. Bake 45 mins.
- Remove foil, continue baking 15 min. or until heated through.
- Let stand for a few minutes before cutting.
Delicious Lasagna – Ready to Eat YUM!
Cooking Tips: You get what you pay for your ingredients , use quality products like Kraft brand Ricotta and Parmesan cheese for best results. The same goes for the Spaghetti sauce, use a sauce you like and have tried before.
This easy cheesy lasagna tastes like you’ve spent hours making it.
Visit our Recipe Video page to find many more easy to make recipes. Please remember to share this lasagna recipe with your friends and family. They will love you for it.
Try out this Easy Cheesy Lasagna Recipe for yourself and let us know what you think in the comment section below.