SearchJoin The Community
Shop for Coffee & Wellness Products
Subscribe Today


Jager Foods the company, was first created in 1985 by Pete & Sue Jager for their Shiitake soup business.

In 2007 Nick & Silke Jager created an online presence for Jager Foods. It has been a Premier Digital Lifestyle Blog dedicated to Travel, Food, Home, Wellness and Lifestyle ever since!

Travel articles to inspire you

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

J.R.R. Tolkien


Unique This Bird is Watching Ipad case
Do you Love Indie Art?
Get 20% OFF w/code 'EYECANDY'

backyard chickens book review caretakers caretaking coffee time easy DIY project easy recipe entertainment feed your soul food blog food for thought gift ideas healthy living healthy recipe home tips house sitting money tips nick and silke product review restaurant review small business tips story telling travel blog travel tips visit Belize visit Germany visit Hawaii wellness tips

Are you a property owner? Be sure to read up on your city ordinances.

Here is a list of rules and bylaws that are pretty similar for most mid-sized cities. A city may be authorized to enforce ordinances by imposing an administrative financial penalty. Administrative enforcement occurs within the local government, rather than through a lawsuit in court.

Don’t wait until you receive a fine in the mail. Fix any problems as soon as possible and avoid costly fines. Most city ordinances deal with the maintenance of public health and safety, zoning, public morals, behavior and general welfare.

Derelict Vehicles

The property owner or vehicle owner will receive a ten (10) day notice to correct the violation. If the violation is not corrected, the City will place a tag on the vehicle and have the vehicle towed. If the vehicle cannot be towed off the property by the City, the City will issue a summons to appear in court to the property owner or the vehicle owner until the issue is resolved. (Code: Sec. 20-4)

Junk Items / Debris

It is unlawful to allow junk items and debris to accumulate on property and is considered a nuisance. The property owner/landlord is accountable for his or her renter. Are you a first time renters? Here is what you should ask your landlord.

The City sends a notice to the property owner when violations exist on the property to correct the matter within ten (10) days.

Housing Violations

The City follows the International Property Maintenance Code for the purposes of establishing methods, rules and regulations for the abatement of unsafe buildings.

Housing violations are typically given a 30 day notice to correct. All utilities must be maintained while occupying a structure or dwelling. A 10 (10) day notice will be given to have utilities restored.

Overgrown Conditions

Property should not have grass taller than 12 inches in height. When property exceeds that requirement, the property owner is sent a letter to maintain property. Only one letter is sent annually to the property owner providing ten (10) days to correct the violation.

Stay informed and read your city ordinances and by-laws.

One thought on “Property Maintenance and Housing Inspections”
  1. What happens after the city sent the letter and the property owner still doesn’t comply. Is there a fine and will it be enforced? Will the city cut the grass, trim bushes, remove junk, etc?

    There are several properties in my neighborhood that are ‘going to seed’, it makes the whole area look bad.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

five × 4 =