Review of organic Matcha green tea powder and a delicious butter cookie recipe.
When I received an email asking me to review a package of Organic Matcha I thought I would be getting a little tea bag in the mail. In all actuality what I received was a 4 oz. package of very finely ground 100% Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder in a resealable pouch. As soon as I opened the package I got a whiff of the potent smell of green tea. Well, the package did come with the following warning: This Organic Matcha is very fresh and thus has a naturally strong aroma to it. Don’t be frightened – that’s how all the antioxidants say hello. Well, hello there!
To tell you the truth I didn’t even know what Matcha was until my daughter Tanya told me about it. One of her friends in Texas used to go to the local coffee shop and spend about $5 a cup for a Matcha drink. She loved it, so I decided that’s what I would do to test it.
Matcha Green Tea Powder
Nick and I drink a Latte almost every afternoon or after he gets home from work. Last week I started adding a teaspoon on top of the coffee grounds. I was kind of hoping the lattes would turn a pretty green like on the Matcha package, but then I remembered that the milk doesn’t have the tea in it. Duh! What more information on Matcha Green Tea Brands? Check it out…
Organic Matcha on Coffee Grounds
Matcha Green Tea Latte
The first time I made infused Vanilla Lattes I decided not to tell Nick that I added the Matcha to see if he could taste the difference. It looked the same as always, but he could tell right away and so did I! You can smell the green tea and it has a slightly bitter and earthy taste to it. (If you are a green tea drinker than you know what I’m talking about.) Since I never had a Matcha Latte before I can’t tell you if it’s better or worse than other brands.
The taste of a Matcha Latte isn’t unpleasant, but you can definitely tell its not a regular coffee drink.
That night I volunteered at our local Elks Club and felt full of energy. Later on Nick kept telling me how full he felt even though he didn’t eat more than usual for dinner. Hmmh! It seems to be doing what it say it does.
I have been adding a small amount of Matcha to our Latte’s every day now for a week and yesterday I wore a pair of capris that I haven’t been able to fit in for a couple of years now. I want to try out some of the baking recipes next, see below, the recipe guide ebook is full of great ideas for healthy snacks and drinks.
Here is what the company ‘Kiss Me Organics‘ says about their product:
- ALL DAY ENERGY & FOCUS: Lift your vitality and concentration with the slow release natural energy from Organic Matcha.
- CALORIE BURNING BOOSTER: Support your weight loss goals with an all-natural way to increase your body’s metabolism.
- LATTES | SMOOTHIES | BAKING: Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder arrives in an easy-to-use airtight health grade packaging allowing for as much or as little use as you need for any occasion. Enjoy a relaxing latte in the morning, bake a dozen cupcakes or simply add a small boost to your morning smoothie.
- 137x ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA: USDA Organic Matcha Green Tea can only be used in a powdered form because, unlike brewed green tea, it contains the entire tea leaf which dramatically increases the nutritional content.
- FREE MATCHA RECIPE GUIDE EBOOK WITH PURCHASE: 50+ Recipes All Yours – Emailed After Purchase.
I included just one of the yummy recipes featured in the 70 page ebook:
Matcha Butter Cookies
Ingredients You Need:
¾ cups fine sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5 ½ cups flour
1 ½ cup butter
2 tbsp. matcha
¾ cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, fine
sugar, water and Matcha.
3. Add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time.
4. Slowly add in flour to wet mixture until combined.
5. Chill cookie dough for 10 minutes.
6. Scoop cookie dough out in rounded teaspoons onto non-stick baking sheet.
7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove to baking rack to cool.
8. Using a sieve, dust powdered sugar over cookies.
Kiss Me Organics Matcha is a culinary grade green tea powder, not ceremonial grade and is available on Amazon.
Have you tried Matcha green tea powder? Did you notice any noticeable changes in the way you felt? Please leave us a comment below.