Eating healthy can enhance your life and make you feel better.
So often, people will reach for junk or processed foods because they are easy to obtain and are inexpensive. Many believe that eating healthy costs more money and is time consuming to prepare and plan ahead. In reality, it really isn’t that time consuming nor is it much more expensive. With a little effort and forethought in creating a new habit of healthy eating, you will soon feel and look better than ever before.
This article will showcase some popular super foods that you should add to your diet this summer.
- products are full of nutrients while not compromising flavor. Their dried fruits are great to snack on during the day or pack in your kid’s lunch for camp. They offer oils, seeds, snacks like cookies and energy bars, chocolate, sea vegetables, and even pet products. Get a little bit healthier today by adding some of these great items to your daily routine!
- Very much under the radar and extremely popular, this spice is from the Middle Eastern region of the world. One of the reasons this spice is gaining so much popularity is because of the antioxidant measurements, they are very high which is great for your body. The best way to enjoy this spice is on salads, pasta, or rice. It tastes a bit like lemon and salt mixed together so keep that in mind when pairing it with your favorite meals.
- Another spice that has gained popularity due to it’s great antioxidant levels and inclusion of cur-cumin. This spice has been proven by medical professionals to help with inflammation or illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, or infections.
Sunfoods Sun Is Smiling Super Food Smoothie
- While not entirely new to the superfood trend, Chia seeds remain one of the most popular natural ingredients to add to foods. Rich in omega 3’s, many athletes swear by this superfood to help them with staying hydrated and energized. In addition to helping with hydration, Chia seeds offer high protein and have been known to help with weight loss.
- While this corn looks bizarre and is unusual, it is gaining popularity swiftly. The reason for this is that it has more nutrients than the traditional yellow corn. Deriving from Peru, purple corn is used to make flour for cereal, chips, and other foods.
While many of these products may be challenging to find in your local grocery store, it is likely that you can find them in specialty organic shops or Whole Foods markets. Perhaps an even easier method is to shop for these items online and have them delivered to your home. This can save you time and money as many places offer sales and free shipping.
There is no better time than right now to begin eating healthy.
Even if you make small changes, you are better off than you are without them. Best of luck on your healthy eating journey! You can do it!
Do you know of any other Super Foods to add to our list? Please leave us a comment below.