Yummy Jumbo Shells With Cheese Recipe
This delicious cheesy jumbo shells recipe will be a hit with your whole family.
Even the pickiest eater in the bunch will not be able to pass this pasta dish up. Vegetarian friendly, filling and super easy to make! A creamy blend of different cheeses and eggs is seasoned, stuffed into jumbo shells and covered with more cheese. Yummy!
Jumbo Shells Stuffed with Cheese Recipe:
1/2 box 12 oz. Jumbo Shells
1 – 24 oz. jar of Marinara sauce
1 + 1/3 cups fresh Ricotta cheese
8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
1 cup Parmegiano Reggiano cheese, divided
1 – 8 oz. package Mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
4 tablespoons fresh Parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cook jumbo shells in boiling water for 9 minutes, drain and cool on a sheet pan. Set aside.
3. Mix together Ricotta, Mascarpone, half the Parmegiano Reggiano, half the Mozzarella, parsley, salt and pepper. Fill the shells.
4. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Add half the sauce and water. Arrange the shells opening up, cover with remaining sauce and cheeses.
5. Bake covered in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Fill the jumbo shells with your cheese mixture
Align the filled jumbo shells in rows on top of your sauce
Top the shells with more sauce and remaining cheeses before baking
At the time I took these recipe pictures, I substituted the marinara sauce with Emeril’s all natural Vodka sauce. YUM! After baking the Cheesy Jumbo Shells for 30 minutes we placed the dish under the broiler for an additional three minutes to brown the top.
Serve this tasty, cheesy Italian dish with a mixed green salad topped with Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette and a nice glass of wine of your choice. Bon appetite!
Do you have a favorite Jumbo Shell recipe? Please share in the comments below.