The Healthy Trend of Protein Bars
Protein is a macronutrient that repairs tissues and enhances muscle growth.
Most bars contain about 20 grams of this nutrient, thereby supplying the needed protein intake of most adults, which is at around 0.8 per weight kilogram.
Low Carb Protein Bars are now gaining more popularity as the trend of health awareness continues to surge. Further, many fitness clubs and wellness centers encourage the consumption of these bars to their clients because it significantly helps in fitness development. In actuality, the product market is projected to increase at 7.24% or $1.82 million in the coming years.
Components and Functions
The bars are usually composed of healthy protein such as soy, nuts, hydrolyzed protein, calcium, quinoa, and plant seeds. Specifically, here are some of the reasons why it is a popular trend for people who want to stay fit and healthy.
- The American Dietetic Association reveals that protein bars are a suitable meal replacement for those who want to lose fat weight but want to gain muscles. It has 200 calories, which is significantly less compared to a regular meal that has about 800 calories. Further, it has the right amount of minerals and vitamins that will help you maintain your diet while providing you energy to exercise.
- Working professionals and adults have busy lifestyles. Low Carb Protein Bars are already full of nutrients, and they no longer need time-consuming preparation and cooking. You can consume it anytime, anywhere.
- The protein adds amino acid to the muscle mass, which provides high energy levels. Thus, it is the go-to snack of athletes because it sustains their exertive physical workouts.
- The snack is also famous among vegans because of its plant-based protein components. Besides, it has organic ingredients that are equally functional and healthy.
- One of the most common misconceptions about a healthy lifestyle is that nutritious foods usually have lousy taste. However, protein bars are available in a wide array of flavors that effectively attract consumers.
- Its nutrients also enhance the cognitive part of the brain, which makes it a recommended snack for students who study at night.
Tips in Choosing the Right Protein Bar
While protein bars are generally suitable for your health, it is also essential to consider the following factors.
- Check the ingredients first. Avoid snack bars that have more than 140 milligrams sodium content as well as those that have high levels of sugar. For women, the suggested amount of sugar intake is at 25 grams, while men should only consume about 38 grams. Also, do not buy those that have saturated fats and kernel oil.
- Determine your goal and choose the nutrition bar that has components that can cater to your specific needs. Consider the protein, fat, and carb amounts. For instance, if your goal is weight loss, choose those that are sugar-free. However, if you want to boost energy, select the ones that have sugar and carbohydrate content.
- Consider making your protein bar as it will give you more control over the number of ingredients specific to your health needs.
The proportional balance of carbohydrates and proteins in bars induces muscle mass, fat reduction, and energy increase. Its components constitute health benefits. However, keep in mind to know your goal first and check the ingredients before consumption.