Baked Fish With Lemon, Carrots And Dill
An easy, no fail healthy baked fish recipe that you can make using a foil packet.
Nick and I try to eat fish at least once a week, so I’m always looking for new, healthy recipes. I made this flavorful version of baked Tilapia a few days ago and although I only took one picture, this meal was so delicious that I decided to share it with you anyway. Any type of fish fillet works great for this easy recipe.
Simply layer spices, lemon slices, fish fillets, shredded carrots, dill and butter and fold the packet shut. The results are wonderfully tender fish fillets that are bursting with flavor, plus you will have a nice sauce that goes perfect over mashed potatoes and carrots or Greek style potatoes.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- 4 (5-oz.) fresh fish fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Foil or parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 375° and sprinkle your fish fillets with salt and pepper. I used Tilapia, but Red Snapper, Halibut or your favorite type of fish fillet will do as well.
2. Cut parchment paper or aluminum foil into 4 rectangles large enough to cover the fish. Place lemon slices crosswise in center of one rectangle. Top with a fish fillet. Repeat with remaining fish fillets and rectangles.
3. Sprinkle fish evenly with carrot and dill, then top each fillet with 1/2 Tbsp. butter. Fold long sides of rectangles over the fillets and press the folds to form a crease down the middle, fold the ends shut.
3. Place fish fillet packets on a baking sheet and bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve immediately.
The baked fish fillets slide very easily from the paper or foil unto your dinner plates, use a silicon glove or pot holder so you don’t burn yourself. Using foil or parchment paper makes it easy to create an eye catching presentation, and clean up is a snap. We served our baked fish fillets with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and carrots.
Moist, full of flavor and best of all this baked fish recipe is very easy to make!
I will definitely prepare this healthy baked fish recipe again soon. Maybe I will even use the grill next time.
Leave us a comment below to let us know what you think of this baked fish recipe.
Nick and Silke