8 Travel Items You Must Bring
If you’ve traveled at least once, you probably know the feeling that you’ve forgotten something at home.
We’ve all been there, and that’s why we and our friends at Skyscanner, came up with a list of must have items to bring on every trip. Skyscanner compares millions of flights to find you the cheapest deal, fast. There are no hidden charges or added fees so you get the best deals every time! It’s a great site to utilize while planning an upcoming trip or your next vacation destination. Now, without further ado here are our latest travel tips and gift ideas.
– This can include your credit, debit, and insurance cards, as well as cash and travelers checks. If you should decide to withdraw cash before your flight, ensure it is kept in a safe place. Find a place where it will not easily fall out of your pocket or wallet, a RFID Blocking money belt works great, or keep it in your carry on. The last thing you want is for your checked bag to end up in the wrong destination and you’re left empty-handed with no money to get you where you need to be!
– When traveling internationally, do not forget your passport! Along with your actual passport, you should always keep a photo copy of your passport to help you apply quickly for a replacement passport. If you misplace your passport while out of the country, contact the American consulate or embassy as soon as possible. Ask to speak to someone in the Consular Section department. You must have your ID with you and will need to fill out a passport application. Having extra photos will speed up the process for a replacement.
3. Noise-cancelling headphones
– Whether you’re traveling by plane, train or bus, headphones will help you truly relax and remove yourself from the bustle of busy public transportation. A great option is the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphone it offers significant noise reduction for travel and deep, powerful sound for the music you love.
4. Portable Charger
– You never know when you may be out of the hotel for longer than expected and need some quick juice for your phone. You should always have a charged power bank. Get a cheap one here.
5. Travel/Voltage Adapter
– If you’re traveling internationally, power sockets often have a different shape and may not fit your charger and other electronic devices. This all in one travel adapter by FosPower is a great choice.
6. Media Streaming Device
– If you’re stuck inside during a rainy day or simply can’t live without watching an episode of your favorite show, bring along a Google Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote. Just plug it in your TV, sit back and enjoy Netflix, YouTube, Spotify and many other great apps.
– There’s no greater way to relax after a long day at the airport or just being on the road than reading. Need suggestions? Check out these top travel books for inspiration.
8. Plastic Bottles
– If you’ve traveled before, you’re probably aware that you can’t have more than 100 ml (3.3 fl.oz.) liquid bottles in your luggage. You can grab small plastic bottles at your local grocery store or online to bring along shampoo, soap, lotion, and any other liquids.
Nice To Have Along On A Trip
A Comfy Sweatshirt – There’s nothing worse than being stuck on a long flight with goosebumps and nothing you can do about it! A sweatshirt not only keeps you warm and cozy, but also doubles as a cushion if you need to rest your head. Bring this on your carry on and you won’t regret it.
Of course a few of the must have travel items will vary from person to person. For instance, instead of reading a book, some people rather enjoy doing Soduko or a good cross word puzzle. Do you have a friend or family member that loves to travel the world? All of the items in this article also make great travel gift ideas.
Do you have a must have travel item to add to our list? Leave us a comment below.